Can you tell I'm a little excited about summer vacation ALMOST being here?
Only 1 more Monday morning to trudge through after today!
Of course, the work doesn't stop there! I have a HUGE list of projects for both my home and my classroom that I can't wait to start once summer arrives. I've never been so excited to organize closets & craft rooms!
I'm supposed to get a fun Amazon package in the mail today, which is making my Monday a little brighter. My new TOMS shoes are in there & I can't wait to try them on!
This week's questions are short & sweet...much like myself! Ha!
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. I think I have always wanted to be a teacher. I love to learn. I've been a nerd from day one! :) I also secretly think that I love teaching because of the OFFICE SUPPLIES! Fresh notebooks, new pens, glitter! It all makes me happy! I was also very fortunate to have had amazing teachers as I was going through school. One particular teacher, Mrs. Hachey in 3rd grade, instilled a love for Shel Silverstein that I still have today. Great teachers make other great teachers. At least in my case.
2. To me, it is so rewarding to help a child reach their potential. To show them how they've grown. To help them see that they have worth. To let them know that their contributions are important. To show them that they can change the world. It's hard work, but so very rewarding.
3. If I was not a teacher, I would probably be a chef. I love to cook, bake, and even prep food. I just told my husband the other day that I would love to shadow a sous chef in a fancy restaurant. I worked as a server in a restaurant for YEARS while I was in college and even the first summer I taught. I come from a family where people are shown love through food. I would love the creative control of being a chef and designing menus for special occasions.
Now that you're acquainted with me, stop on over and join in the fun!